For immediate release
UMP AWARDS 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT
Blantyre, September 20: Urban Music People is pleased to announce that UMP Awards will be held as a blended edition, virtually on Saturday, December 19, 2020.
Powered by Chitoliro Productions, the Awards will beam Live on Television, social media, radio, and triple watch parties in Blantyre, Lilongwe, and Mzuzu.
One of UMP Directors, Wisdom Phanga of Five 79 Promotions says, “This year’s event will be bigger and better. It is our eleventh year; hence we have learned a lot in the last decade.”
Nominations for all three categories; music, fashion, and media will open soon, emphasizing the 50:50 female empowerment in arts campaign.
“Prospective advertisers and partners are already in touch, and more are welcome. This year, we have gone the extra mile in our 50:50 female empowerment-sensitive initiative, which we started last year, by ensuring half of the categories are female-focused,” adds Khumbo Finto, UMP Representative. Categories:
- Lifetime achievement
- Artist of the Year (Female)
- Artist of the Year (Male)
- Best Duo/Group
- Producer of the Year
- Best New Artist (Female)
- Best New Artist (Male)
- Living Legend
- Fashion Icon
- Media Legend
- Best TV personality – (Female)
- Best Radio DJ/Personality (Female)
- Best Entertainment writer (Female)
In 2019, the UMP Lifetime Achievement Award went to music promoter Jai Banda.
Lilly Alfonso was also honoured for her contribution and achievements in the fashion industry.
The 2019 UMP Awards (blended edition: fashion and music) was held on December 14 at Crossroads Hotel, Blantyre.
For advertisement and sponsorship:
email; [email protected]
Facebook: ump music awards, ump fashion awards
For more information:
Wisdom Phanga: +26588884921
You might also like
- Exclusive: Interview with 2019 UMP male model of the year – Keitumile Kawilima
- UMP AWARDS 2019 NOMINEES—FULL LIST
- JAI BANDA TO RECEIVE 2019 UMP LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- BEN WANDAWANDA TO RECEIVE UMP 2019 FASHION ICON AWARD
- Morality C now under legacy Music Inc.