This is a family recipe. My dad taught me how to make this concoction 10years ago. He would struggle with sinuses and whenever he’s not feeling well I would always make it for him. And till today i make it everytime I get flu symptoms and it has helped me alot over the years.
This is my Gift to you.
Note: When making this delicious health concoction, always use fresh ginger , fresh lemon and fresh garlic.
Author: Hazel Nana Nyaluso
Cook time: 20minutes
* 5 big cloves garlic (crushed)
* 2 inches (5cm) ginger (sliced)
* 2sticks Cinnamon (crushed)
* 1 lemon
* 1 litre Water
1. Take your ginger and cut it into pieces.
2. Peel four cloves of garlic and crush by hand then set aside next to the ginger pieces
3. Take Cinnamon sticks and crush by hand or you can leave them whole but I prefer the crushed one.
4. Take a pot with water and put it on the heat. Take your Cinnamon, garlic and ginger then add to the water in the pot .
5. Allow it to boil for 20 minutes..
6. Once it is ready, pour it in a cup then cut your lemon into half and squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture in the cup. Enjoy!!
▪If you like, you can add a tablespoon of raw honey for sweetness.
▪Remember to take the concoction while hot or warm.
INGREDIENTS AND THE BENEFITS
● GARLIC BENEFITS
▪Garlic is going to provide you relief from that stubborn cold and flu.
▪Garlic also boosts your immune system.
▪Ginger is used for its anti-nausea properties being traced back to ancient times, ginger may be one of the longest-used natural stomach ache remedies as well as nausea morning sickness.
▪Ginger may help to reduce blood pressure and anti-diabetic properties.
▪ Ginger is rich in Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
▪Ease headaches and migraines
● CINNAMON BENEFITS
▪ It has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
▪Rich in antioxidants with anti-inflammatory effect
▪ It’s prebiotic properties may improve gut health
▪ Reduces blood pressure
▪ Lowers blood sugar and risk of type 2 diabetes
▪Relieves digestive discomfort
▪Lemons are high in vitamin C, soluble fiber, and plant compounds that give them a number of health benefits.
▪Lemons may aid weight loss and reduce your risk of heart disease, anemia, kidney stones, digestive issues, and cancer.
▪. It improves blood oxygen circulation
▪ It helps fight off illness
▪ It helps boost energy
▪It prevents overall dehydration
▪ It helps with nutrient absorption and digestion.
Remember to add my social media pages
Fb page: Hooked Up by Hazel