Check out the list of the most richest people in Malawi 2022 with their net worth in 2022. We have updated there net worth both in Kwacha and US Dollar to suit the current inflations, Below is the list of Malawian Billionaires, lets check it out.
We regularly update the post regarding all the new information that comes in, relating to the state of economy in Malawi. Due to current devaluation of the local currency which is at 25% . Giving us latest Currency Exchange Rates: 1 US Dollar = 1028.9201 Malawi Kwacha . This has suddenly prompted us to update the figures. Check it out below
Most of the people found on the list of the most richest people in Malawi 2022 have accumulated much worth from politics some have businesses.
Below i will list the names of the most richest people in Malawi according to their Net worth in two currencies kwacha and US dollar.
- Thomson Mpinganjira
- Mpinganjira Net worth: 220 million usd / 220 billion kwacha and he is the number 1 on the list of the most richest people in Malawi 2022
- Current Residence: Not specified at the moment
- Fields of worked in: Banking and investments; FDH Financial Holdings. Thomson Mpinganjira was formerly a Member of the Reserve Bank of Malawi Governor’s Consultative Committee of Bank & Financial Institutions CEOs, and Chairman of the Stakeholders Committee for the Millennium Challenge Account. Mpinganjira was also Board Chairman of the Malawi Investments Promotion Agency; a Council Member of the Bankers Association of Malawi; a Board Member of the Institute of Bankers in Malawi; and a Member of the Committee of SADC Stock Exchanges (COSSE) and the Association of Arfican Stock Exchanges (ASEA).
- Thomson Mpinganjira’s professional interests include digital disruptors and innovative technologies such as cryptocurrencies. He is also interested in financial inclusion, leadership, and business growth and sustainability, and has expertise in corporate strategy, corporate governance, and corporate social responsibility.
- Thom Mpinganjira is a seasoned Malawian businessman who was once the CEO of FDH Bank, Reunion Insurance and many other companies.
2. Simbi Phiri
- Simbi Phiri Net worth: 190 million usd / 190 billion kwacha and he is the number 2 on the list of the most richest people in Malawi 2022
- Current Residence: South Africa, Johannesburg
- Fields worked in: Construction; Khato Civils and South Zambezi Consortium.
- Worked for LTE in South Africa in his 20s. LTE was an engineering firm that was amongst the best in Johannesburg and soon he rose to the rank of partner flanked by two other partners. Later founded Khato Civils with the help of his wife’s connections after taking over a small firm that had been created by Italian immigrants. He was able to nurture it from a Grade 4 firm and took it to a Grade 9 firm.
- Simbi Phiri is a Malawian businessman who is currently based in South Africa. He owns a multi-national construction company known as Khato Civils.
3 Prof. Shepherd Bushiri
- Bushiri Net worth: 150 million usd / 150 billion kwacha and he is the number 3 on the list of the most richest people in Malawi 2022
- Fields worked in: Shepherd Bushiri’s company, SB Investments (Pty) Ltd, is an international investment company, based in Sandton near Johannesburg, with interests in oil, mining, real estate, transportation and the hospitality industry. On 20 February 2018, Bushiri launched one of his hotel investments, a multimillion-dollar property in South Africa. SBI has a special interest in supporting governments including economies of fragile state countries. In 2017 Bushiri was hosted by the Vice President of South Sudan – Dr James Igga, Reserve Bank Governor and Finance Minister during which a business deal was signed in the area of infrastructure and development.
- Bushiri is the founder of the Enlightened Christian Gathering (ECG). He has established and leads churches in South Africa, Malawi, Ghana, South Sudan and other countries. He has been interviewed for television by the BBC, and received coverage also in Al Jazeera, New African, Nigerian Tribune, and African Leadership magazine.
- Shepherd Bushiri is a Malawian church leader or prophet. He is the leader of Enlightened Christian Gathering Church.
4. Jimmy Korea Mpatsa
- Mpatsa Net worth: 138 million usd / 138 billion kwacha
- Residence: Not specified
- Fields worked in: Farming, Tourism, Real estate and investments; Mpatsa Holdings Limited & Mpatsa Trust.
- Jimmy Korea Mpatsa holds an Advanced Level Certiﬁcate in Economics and Literature. He has been in marketing since I973, working in various companies such as Import and Export Limited, Press Agencies Limited, Blantyre Newspapers Limited, Sales Services Limited, Goodyear Tyres rising to managerial positions till he set up his investment magnate, Mpatsa Holdings Limited. A successful businessman and business captain. He has written several short-stories in the early and late 80s which were published in glamour magazines such as Readers Digest, Star and Zimbabwean Parade.
5. Aniz Suleman
- Suleman Net worth: 136 million usd / 136 billion kwacha
- Residence: Blantyre, Malawi.
- Fields Worked in: Aniz has invested in so much, he is found in almost everything Farming and real estate; Right Price, Northgate, Glenae Poultry, Conforzi Plantations. Aniz Suleman- is the sole Owner of Right Price, Northgate, Southgate, Glenae Poultry, Chiperoni Blankets, Glenae Feed Company, Conforzi Plantations, He is reportedly owning 35% of buildings in Limbe.
- Suleman is a Malawian businessman. He owns several companies and real estate property, most of the property being in Limbe.
6. Bakili Muluzi
- Bakili Muluzi Net worth: 103 million usd / 103 billion kwacha
- Residence: Blantyre, Malawi, BCA
- Fields worked in: Bakili Muluzi has Investments in Farming, transport, filling stations and real estate. The former President is known to have investments in Malawi and Europe.
- Elson Bakili Muluzi is a Malawian politician who was the first freely elected President of Malawi from 1994 to 2004. He was also chairman of the United Democratic Front until 2009. He succeeded Hastings Kamuzu Banda as Malawi’s president.
7. Leston Mulli
- Leston Mulli Net worth: 78 million usd / 78 billion kwacha
- Residence: Mulli has different houses across Malawi that his current residence can not be located easily.
- Fields worked in: He has invested in Farming, transport and investments; Mulli Group of Companies is the leading supply of different products, good and services to various organizations in Malawi. The company is running different commercial projects with the Malawi Government.
- Leston Mulli is a seasoned Malawian businessman with multiple companies and investments all through out Malawi and Africa.
8. Gospel Kazako
- Gospel Kazako Net worth: 68 million usd / 68 billion kwacha
- Current residence: Lilongwe, Malawi
- Fields worked in: Gospel Kazako (born 29 December 1968) is a Malawian entrepreneur who in 2005 founded the Zodiak Broadcasting Station, the most popular radio station in Malawi. He is also known as a poet. In July 2020 Gospel Kazako was appointed as Minister of Information and Government spokesperson by the elected Malawian President Lazarus Chakwera.
- He attended H.H.I. Secondary School in Blantyre until 1990. After obtaining a diploma in journalism,
for seven years he worked at the state-owned Malawi Broadcasting Corporation (MBC), before leaving to form his own company
to record music, soundtracks and adverts for other radio stations. Finally, after several attempts to obtain a license,
he opened Zodiak Broadcasting Station (ZBS) in 2005. Zodiak Broadcasting Station currently has over 25 transmitting sites
and covers the whole of Malawi. The station was awarded a license to broadcast TV in 2012.
- Gospel Kazako is a Malawian businessman and politician who owns one of the biggest radio and television companies in Malawi.
9. Prof. Arthur Peter Munthalika
- Peter Munthalika Net worth: 60 million usd / 60 billion kwacha
- Residence: Munthalika Villa, Mangochi District,
- Fields worked in: International Justice, Specialising in international law, Served as an advisor to his late older brother President Bingu wa Mutharika, on issues of foreign and domestic policy from the onset of his election campaign until the President’s death on 5 April 2012.
- Prof. Peter has served as advisor to the American Bar Association’s Rule of Law initiative for Africa. Mutharika was part of a three-man tribunal that was arbitrating international cases. In August 2011, Mutharika decided to resign from two international court cases with the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes that he was arbitrating on Zimbabwe where foreign investors sued the Zimbabwean government for breaches of bilateral investment treaties. This was due to concerns about his impartiality because of Bingu Mutharika’s close associations with the Mugabe government.
- Arthur Peter Mutharika is a Malawian politician and lawyer who was President of Malawi from May 2014 to June 2020
10. Joyce Banda
- Joyce Banda Net worth: 45 million usd / 45 billion Kwacha
- Residence: Blantyre, Malawi
- Fields worked in: Before becoming vice-president, she was the founder and CEO of the Joyce Banda Foundation. for better Education, a charitable foundation that assists Malawian children and orphans through education. It is a complex of primary and secondary schools in the Chimwankhunda area of Blantyre. It includes an orphan care center that consists of six centres and 600 children. Banda established various businesses and organisations including Ndekani Garments (1985), Akajuwe Enterprises (1992), and Kalingidza Bakery (1995). Her success inspired her to help other women achieve financial independence and break the cycles of abuse and poverty. She is sister to Anjimile Oponyo, former CEO of the Raising Malawi Academy for Girls, financed by Madonna. Banda is also the founder of the National Association of Business Women in Malawi that was established in 1990. It is a registered non-profit foundation in Malawi. The association aims to lift women out of poverty by strengthening their capacity and empowering them economically.
- Joyce Hilda Banda is a Malawian politician who was the President of Malawi from 7 April 2012 to 31 May 2014. She is the founder and leader of the People’s Party